Ben Dugan on 21 Jun 2005 12:47:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Corrupted library file name

Cosmin Nicolaescu wrote:
Ouch...kinda sounds to me like the partition is corrupt...either that or
our hdd is dying...was it an ext2/3 partition?

my suggestion would be to boot under knoppix and see if you can mount
it...if you can i would check the data and if it seems fine, copy it
somewhere...

the reason why mount shows rw is because it's still reading mtab. spo it's
not really accurate.

Thanks a million: I did boot on a knoppix cd. But I renamed the library file (libext2"s.so.2.4 to libext2fs.so.2.4) and then rebooted on the hard disk. I didn't really expect this to work but it did. Now I'll do a postgres backup (for which I need the running system as it is), then I'll do a complete backup. I guess its a good time to upgrade from Redhat 7.3 too?!

Ben