Rebecca Ore on 6 Jul 2005 12:31:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Delivery reports about your e-mail

All these means that someone on an infected machine had addresses and spoofed both the sender (I've gotten email from clueless admins telling me that my machine was sending bot spam when that highly unlikely (running Mac or Linux, not opening email with attachments I wasn't expecting). Some of the bots even harvested email addresses from Usenet. It's possible that the current bot has a web crawler. Nobody on this list is necessarily infected -- the bot can get addresses in many way.