Chad Waters on 9 Jul 2005 20:00:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DNS/BIND9 problems

On 7/9/05, Chris Cera <cera@mcs.drexel.edu> wrote:
> I'm having some trouble setting up the domain passhosting.net on
> 209.50.161.180 for the first time.  I'm trying to have this
> domain serve the outside world.  The domain was registered with
> register.com, and the default domain servers were deactivated
> weeks ago (well beyond the 48 hrs for the .net tld's TTL to
> expire).  Do I have to register my NS's somewhere else other than
> the domain I'm trying to run the dns on?

The problem seems to be at Register.com.I don't see any name server
entries in any of the whois lookups I performed. Once that delegation
is straightens out, you should be fine

I didn't notice any problem in your zone files during my quick glance.

Actually, what is the requirement for nameservers these days? I see
you have ns1 and ns2 pointing to the same IP. I remember about 6 years
ago I tried to do that with a netsol registration and it kicked back
saying I needed 2 DNSs with distinct IPs. You really should have
reduncancy anyway. If you got a trusted friend in the same situation,
slave up each others zones.