Jeff Watson on 15 Jul 2005 16:12:36 -0000

[PLUG] Re: plug Digest, Vol 8, Issue 18

I used gentoo for a while and it seemed not to be as free from
problems as you guys have experienced. I know the install is not hard.
I cannot think of why i would be getting lots of compile errors. I
installed the minimum of what i wanted,
#emerge -u world (after syncing..)

then its a battle of compile errors. KDE libs, stdlibc++, etc...
portage IS the best, thats why i want to use it. Nothing else has the
wealth of programs avaliable. Perhaps its time to bite the bullet and
reinstall gentoo :-/ (again...)
Maybe throw up a quick distro with distcc so it will compile faster initially...

    -Jeff