Eric Lucas on 21 Jul 2005 10:34:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Death in the family

M.Simons wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Eric Lucas wrote:

partition for dual boot. Anybody have any experience with recent models
of HP boxes and Linux? I'd hope that they would be largely Linux
compatable out of the box but I've leaned to take NOTHING for granted.
Particularly, the 'integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 graphics with 128MB
shared video memory' gives me the "willies" :-)

Grab one or two of those bootable distros, go in, reboot the machine, and give it a test spin. ;)

That's the same thought I came up with this morning. I have Ubuntu and Knoppix
discs - that should give me the necessary info. Thanks!

Eric