Luke Renn on 21 Jul 2005 14:58:59 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Newbie level DHCP client question

* Douglas Lentz <dlentz@dca.net> [2005-07-21 00:01:16 -0400]:

> OK, I was finally able to get an ADSL line. My ISP is DCANet. Received
> the modem, a Zoom 5515 ADSL bridge last week, and (alas), still no
> internet. The installation instructions I received from my ISP and the
> modem manufacturer were both sparse and conflicting. Essentially, they

Did you try it with the firewall turned *off*?  Just to totally rule
that out.

    /etc/init.d/iptables stop

The other thing to do is to give yourself a static ip in
the routers subnet.  That should at least allow you to get to its web
interface and then you can check that dhcp is on etc.

Luke

--
I am as firmly convinced that religions do
harm as I am that they are untrue.