Doug Crompton on 21 Jul 2005 16:22:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Newbie level DHCP client question

I use dca.net and yes they do use the MAC address. You need to supply the
MAC address of the DHCP device connected to the DSL modem - either a
computer or router. In my case I use a router. They will DHCP assign a
"static" IP to this MAC address. As long as you use that MAC address the
IP address will never change. You can in the future MAC address clone a
new or different device. I do that here as I changed routers awhile back
and did not want to hassle with changing it with dca.

DCA should have a good tech support that will walk you thru this if need
be.

Doug

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, David Colon wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Ask dca.net to check that they have configured your mac address on
> their side.  I'm not sure if they still do, but in the past they forced
> users to provide the mac addresses of the computers that they were
> connecting.
>
> David

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *