Edward Pike on 26 Jul 2005 18:45:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] exim4 and local delivery

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 12:53, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I'm using exim4 and it's working quite well except that it doesn't
> understand that username@purple.com is for local delivery.  It also
> doesn't understand that mail to username@`hostname`.purple.com is for
> local delivery.  It gets it write on username@localhost.

according to my old notes there should be
a "domainlist local_domains = " line somewhere.

domainlist local_domains = @ : host1.com : host2.com : host3.com

domainlist local_domains = @ : lsearch; /etc/mail/local_domains

# /etc/mail/local_domains should then contain hostnames

---

lifted directly from my old notes, maybe it would point somewhere.

with debian though the configuration is special..I believe
there are some helper programs where its proper to configure
exim4.  (for myself i touch the config files directly).  there
are also some notes in the file update-exim4.conf.conf.

jondz