Doug Crompton on 28 Jul 2005 15:49:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FTTP

Verizon has a business agreement with DirectTV. They sell their product.
It is not over Fibre. It is the standard dish DirectTV. In the future they
plan TV over fibre but they have to negotiate franchise agreements in
every area. It will take awhile. I would not hold my breath on the TV end.
Until then DirectTV and Verizon fibre data is a better alternative to
Comcast and if you can get DCAnet it would really be sweet.

Doug

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, John Von Essen wrote:

> So Verizon has some sort of deal with Direct TV for selling TV service
> over FIOS? If thats the case, then they might have to offer that carrier
> functionality to anyone. i.e. comcast can sell you TV thru FIOS and
> compete with Direct TV.
>
> -john

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *