Paul L. Snyder on 28 Jul 2005 15:37:12 -0000

RE: [PLUG] GPG question/problem - working

Quoting George Gallen <ggallen@slackinc.com>:

> ok I had to add in the following:
>
> --always-trust --keyring /home/george/wachovia/wachovia.gpg
> --no-default-keyring
[...]
> Seems to work ok now.
>
> Thanks Paul.

Glad you got it working.

> Does that "new" keyring need to be in my home directory, or can it be
> anywhere in
> the system, as long as the permissions make it readable?

The script keyring can be placed anywhere that is accessible by the user
running the script.  The "--no-default-keyring" option prevents it from
looking around for the user's own keyring files.

> oh btw, you can use --output or > filename, they both produce the same
> thing.

I vaguely recall that using redirection was a problem on Windows systems
a few years back, but that --output worked.  Not sure if that's been
sorted out, but it's irrelevant to your situation, anyway.

Cheers,
pls