aburnheimer on 4 Aug 2005 11:16:31 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Use of a Mac/Ideas needed [Drexel]

Drexel University's (3141 Chestnut Street) college of Media Arts &
Design has a well kept farm of Mac's for Design (Fashion, Web, etc.),
another for Film and Video, as well as another for the new (3 yrs old)
Music Industry program.  Most of the computers are available for use (by
students of the department of course ;+) ), and have generally the same
software installed across all the disciplines -- which I believe would
include ProTools.  Of course, you'll probably have more luck finding the
software in the Film & Video and Music department, but the Design
machines are work a try.

The labs are open over many hours, but your social engineering will
probably go better in the weekday daytimes when more senior, and
probably more compassionate, monitors are in the labs.  The people
working during the day are very friendly.  Being that this will be an
ongoing project (probably a few sessions I assume), I suggest talking to
someone within that time frame, and getting advice and clearence about
other, more friendlier evening or weekend times to come back.  These are
typically small-ish majors and lab monitors will notice when somebody
new is using their expensive new-fangled microwaves.

I worked in those labs for work-study early in my time at Drexel -- 4
years ago -- and I can give you advice, directions, and contacts if
you'd like to contact me offline.

Good luck!
-Andy

--
				  ---
Andrew S. Burnheimer      -     JR Electrical Engineer, Ametek Aerospace