Paul L. Snyder on 18 Aug 2005 14:33:25 -0000

Re: [PLUG] ISPs (again)

Quoting Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com>:

> If someone had time it would be neat to setup a page where Philly area
> IP
> access was described and rated. These questions get asked often and it
> would be helpful.

I thought there were some collected threads on ISPs from the PLUG list
on phillylinux.org, but I can't seem to find them...which is good, as the
info was probably severely outdated.  There could be some value in if
someone had time to go through the archives and pull out some of the
threads from the last year or two that discuss this.

> Personally I think if you want to stay away from Comcast and you can't
> get
> better then DSL, I would choose DCAnet. I agree their web page is not
> much
> but you really have to call and talk to a representative. They were very
> helpful to me in getting my DSL connection almost a year ago.

Tell 'em that you're a Drexel student and they should give you a discount.
(The offer on their web site is for discounts on dial-up for UPenn,
Drexel and Temple students, but they'll give it for DSL as well.)

pls