Ronald Mansolino on 25 Aug 2005 19:57:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Uptime graphs with MRTG

> I'm trying to create uptime graphs on some wireless access points that
> we operate.
> I have mrtg setup to create traffic graphs, and that works fine.
>
> >From what I've been able to gather, to graph uptime I need to provide
> mrtg with an integer that it can then just plot.  So wrote a quick
> python script that called smtpget and strips the returned uptime
> information down to just the integer (timeticks) I think mrtg needs.
> However, I can't seem to get mrtg to recognize the input.
>
> Mrtg gives the following errors:
> WARNING: Problem with External get '/home/awstats/smc_itd_uptime.py':
>    Expected a Number for 'out' but nothing'
>
> ERROR: Target[192.168.109.100.uptime][_OUT_] ' $target->[0]{$mode} ' did
> not eval into defined data

what does the output look like? I think it wants

in<cr> (integer)
out<cr> (integer)
uptime<cr> (integer)
name<cr> (string)

(I may have the last 2 reversed). Anyway, check your that your output is
4 lines. If it's not seeing the out value ...

OT: can someone recommend a recruiter/staffing company that has contacts
in center city? I'm kind of jammed up and really don't want to go to
CareersUSA.

thanks