gyoza on 26 Aug 2005 19:51:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] $15 DSL

Greg Helledy wrote:

> >Has anyone mentioned that Verizon offers 768k DSL for $15 per month?
>
> *snip*
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Be sure to read the fine print, though.  It reads, in part:
>
> "$14.95/mo. rate available for new residential DSL customers ordering
> 768 Kbps/128Kbps service. One year commitment required. $19.95/mo.
> promotional pricing available for new residential DSL customers
> ordering online. One year commitment or qualifying local and long
> distance plan required. Month-to-month packages available. For one
> year commitment plan, if service is cancelled between months 2 and 12,
> a $79 early termination fee applies. $29.95 monthly rate applies for
> months 4 -12. At the end of the one-year commitment period, your rate
> will increase to the then current month-to-month rate. To maintain
> your discounted monthly rate, you must agree to an additional one-year
> commitment or have a qualifying local and long distance plan. A $19.95
> shipping and activation charge will apply to each DSL order.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a requirement for a one-year commitment.
There is a $20 fee to start service, but that would be 3/4 offset by
getting one month of service for "free".  Due to past experience with
instability, the one-year commitment is scary.  If I try the service
again, I would be very watchful of any problems during the 30-day
guarantee period.