Zenko Klapko Jr. on 5 Sep 2005 03:48:06 -0000

RE: [PLUG] cups + ipp + pstops

Update: I got it working! I started over, reset the configuration files, and made the necessary changes like the documentation I found said. I also stopped confusing myself by not doing port forwarding of the ipp port on the computer that I was testing out the ipp functionality on. Yeah, that's probably what was confusing me. Thanks for your suggestions. I like this solution even better than going through samba.

-Zenko

From: "Zenko Klapko Jr." <dah_comrade@hotmail.com>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] cups + ipp + pstops
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:04:55 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get windows clients to print to a computer that has cups running on it and has a printer attached through the parallel port. I was looking at the error log for cups and it says that users are accessing cups through IPP which is fine (even though I have samba installed & running). I just want the IPP to be processed by the pstops filter since I know that everything sent through it will be a postscript file. I was poking around in the mime.convs and I know that the IPP is being identified as raw and processed in that manor. Is there a way that I can identify it as postscript and have it sent to pstops instead? Any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,
Zenko