Ronald Mansolino on 5 Sep 2005 15:26:42 -0000

[PLUG] linux/active directory

ok.
My friend went and turned on the active directory on his win2003 server. ugh.
He then found out that the only clients that could use the network were
XP Pro, so he shelled aout a bunch of dough for upgrades.
He then realized that friends who come by need to print, and occasionally
use shares that worked when it was just a workgroup.

I'm going up there to play with my workstation so that I can intermediate
amongst all this. I've futzed around with samba to make backups, etc; I could
use some pointers as to joining it to his domain and then sharing/serving
printers, etc.

and then billing him for it :)
thanks