Doug Crompton on 5 Sep 2005 16:13:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Anyone get Verizon DSL in the last 12 months?

I use the central filter approach here and it works fine. One thing to
note however is that these filters are not magnetically shielded. They
will pick up hum from adjacent power lines. I had that problem and simply
re-orienting the filter stopped the problem.

Doug

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, William H. Magill wrote:

> In the filter kit they used to send out (in the old Bell Atlantic
> Days) you got 2 or 3 "dongels" (for standard single line phones) and
> a wallplate. The wallplate was for wall mounted phones and provided
> two jacks off the side, one was filtered and one was DSL as I recall.
>
> Note: The purpose of the filter is to eliminate the DSL modem
> frequencies from the POTS line, not the other way round.

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *