Michael Lazin on 9 Sep 2005 00:48:41 -0000

[PLUG] remote x-session

I am attempting to connect to a linux box that I have a user account
on.  I can ssh fine, but I want to connect to the x-server and run x
apps.  I am using a g4 powerbook with tiger on it.  I have xfree86 on
my powerbook and am running gnome on it.   When I attempt X -query
hostname from within gnome it gives me the following error:

cannot establish listening sockets: make sure an x server isn't already running

when I try to connect with a terminal in aqua it appears to connect
but nothing happens

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael