Bill Hance on 15 Sep 2005 12:24:36 -0000

RE: [PLUG] OT: Hardware wanted

DELL's low end servers are great deals.   I have 3 of them.

Since they are servers, DELL is not coerced/bribed into pre-loading
Windows, and therefore you do not have to pay M$ for software which you
don't want.  DELL servers come with no OS.

Dell PowerEdge SC430
Intel Celeron D 325 2.53GHz
256MB ECC DDR2/533 SDRAM (4GB max)
40GB SATA HD (600GB max)
GB NIC, CD Drive
$299.

Sometimes they offer free shipping, or an free upgrade to 512MB ram, or a
free processor upgrade.  I got a $100 rebate on my last DELL server, plus
free shipping.

I like the extra drive bays and the ECC ram that a server provides.

  -Bill