Aaron Crosman on 15 Sep 2005 15:36:58 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Ubuntu install won't boot

>	In BIOS, I set it to boot the CD-ROM Drive first
>(where the Ubuntu installation cd is), but when I save
> and exit BIOS, the computer continues to boot Mandrake
> 9.2. I'm pretty sure that I wrote the ISO image to the
> cd. I also can't figure out how to install Ubuntu from
>the cd once I'm in Mandrake. (There are no easy icons to
> follow; this may be due to the fact that the monitor is
> Icewin - a fact I have not yet been able to change.)

Your comment that you're "pretty sure" that you wrote the ISO to the cd
makes me nervous.  Have you checked to make sure there is indeed
anything on the disk?

You can get free disk from Ubuntu, but it takes a couple weeks for them
to arrive.

Aaron