Lee Marzke on 6 Oct 2005 04:35:44 -0000

[PLUG] PostgreSQL non-DSN connection from Access 2000

Does anyone have experience using PostgreSQL as a backend for MsAccess front
end databases. This provides an easy migration for existing MsAccess databases, and
it works over the WAN unlike file based MsAccess databases.

I need to connect/refresh ODBC tables in PostgreSQL 7.4 from Access 2000. Since this
application will be distributed to many users, I need to prompt for username/password, and
compose a connect string without using a DSN.

I had this working with Access 97 and PostgreSQL 7.2, but since then the Access code
has broken with the upgrade.

Thanks,

Lee Marzke