Geoff Rivell on 11 Oct 2005 14:43:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] scanner

On Saturday 08 October 2005 01:42 pm, sandy wrote:
> I have a large quantity of pages to backup.
> I am interested in a scanner that can read single and double sided pages
> of varying sizes.
> What can you recommend?
> thank you,
> sandy basickes

I have an HP 5P ScanJet (scsi) and it works wonderful with SANE.

That is what you want to check out though.  See what SANE supports.

I would say Epson (from memory of a mailing list) is the most friendly with
Linux developers.

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

HP's new scanners also have an external driver that works with SANE.  So they
should be ok as well.