Christopher M. Jones on 17 Oct 2005 00:32:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] "Current" Linux on old laptop

The problem with a non-bootable cdrom is the booting part. All you need
is to load the boot loader, and then you can boot the kernel off of a
cdrom. Knoppix probably has a way to do this-- boot with the floppy and
continue with the cd.