jazzman on 17 Oct 2005 02:57:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] "Current" Linux on old laptop

Thanks, I'll give this a try. I know for a fact at least 2 of the PCMCIA
NICs are physically good because I've used them in other machines
recently, including this laptop when RH9 was installed on it. I think the
problem is that even after manually configuring the IP adress on the card
and everything the routing table is still empty, and attempting to
manually enter routes into the table returns "SIOC[Add|Del]: Network is
Down", even though the NIC is listed in ifconfig as up. Grrr... so
frustrating... I'm starting to wonder if downloading the 16 cds is the way
to go at this point...

Thanks
Marc