David Colon on 17 Oct 2005 17:39:11 -0000

[PLUG] linux positions at SIG

Hi,
    I'm posting this on behalf of my employer, Susquehanna International Group
[http://www.sig.com].  I've been working here just over a month as a Senior
Linux Systems Engineer and I absolutely love the job.  If you have any questions
about the company, feel free to contact me.

David Colon

Title   Linux Systems Administrator
Desired Location(s)     Philadelphia Area
Experience Level        Experienced
Employment Category(s)  Full Time
Job Summary     The Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Applications
provides
support for all systems running enterprise wide infrastructure applications.
This includes the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of such
systems and applications. Close cooperation with other System Administration
teams, developer groups and software vendors is required to provide optimum
system performance and availability.
Qualifications & Skills 3+ years of UNIX administration in Linux and/or
Solaris.

Good understanding of networking concepts. Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.

Experience with Sterling Commerce GIS is a plus.

Should have good understanding of Unix/Linux performance tuning concepts.

Must have proven experience in scripting skills in shell and Perl.

Should have experience with NFS related kernel tuning on Linux.

Experience in Kickstart, yast and other automatic network based server builds.

Experience with DHCP, DNS, NIS, Sendmail and other infrastructure technologies
is desirable.

Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent work experience.

Strong inter-personal and communication skills.

Experience in the financial industry desirable.
Auto req ID     410BR