jazzman on 18 Oct 2005 15:16:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] "Current" Linux on old laptop

Sorry to keep this thread alive but it's driving me nuts. So I finally
caved, gave up on the network install, and just downloaded all 14 cd
images from debian's site for 3.1 r0a. I burned all of the ISOs, made the
boot floopies, started the system up and off it goes. It starts loading
the installer from CD1 and then gets a bad md5sum (on what appears to be
os-resolver?) and then craps out and refuses to go past that error. I'm
attempting to redownload the iso for that disc, but does anyone know if
this is anything other than a bad CD?

This is making me crazy and I'm about to just say screw it and stick with
RH9 or something out of date...

Frustrated
Marc