Eric on 21 Oct 2005 10:29:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] SMART

In a situation like this I reach for SpinRight from Steve Gibson
(www.grc.com).  It's a fantastic product for the money (~ $35).
Effectively, it's like having a hard drive technician and a
disk tune up on a CDROM.  It's a small program too (he writes
in assembler) and easily fits on a mini or business-card-size CD.
I always carry a copy with me when I'm working.

Any time I see the slightest complaint from a hard drive I run
SpinRight (in level 2) and, in almost all cases, I never have
another problem with the disk.  Gone, Done, Fini.

Highly recommended!

Good luck.

Eric