Chris Duryee on 21 Oct 2005 13:07:49 -0000

[PLUG] OT: Ultra RAM for sale

I have 384MB of memory for a Sun Ultra, as 4x64MB and 4x32MB sticks. I
cannot use it due to motherboard problems. I'll sell it for $10, or a
trade for a SPUD hard drive bracket.

Whenever I put *ANY* memory into slots 0, 1 and 2, the Ultra will not
even boot. When I fill 0, 1, 2 and 3, the Ultra will boot but I'll get
lots of ECC errors and then a hard freeze. I have tried many different
combinations of this with known good memory (I stress tested it in slots
0 + 1 and it works).

If you buy the memory and have any problems, I'll be more than happy to
refund your money. My problems manifest themselves as hard ECC errors
within seconds of running stress (http://weather.ou.edu/~apw/projects/stress/).

I'm located in southern Delaware County.

--
Chris Duryee <duryee@gmail.com> PGP: A9016BD6