Andrew Libby on 25 Oct 2005 16:08:35 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bucks County LUG

I just went through this on gentoo.  If you're using acpi
(http://www.acpi.info/) then acpid is the way to go.  My bet
is that if you install acpid (probably an RPM that comes with Matndriva)
you'll likely be all set.  If you're not, you can follow the
following gentoo docs to the extent they might be applicble to
Mandriva:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_ACPI_basic_configuration

I wound up with:

/etc/apcid/events/lid:

event=button[ /]lid.*
action=/etc/acpi/lid.sh

/etc/acpi/lid.sh:

STATEFILE=/proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state

STATE=`awk '{print $2}' $STATEFILE`

case "$STATE" in
    "closed")
        logger -i -t acpi-lid "Lid closed, sutting light off"
        radeontool light off
        ;;
    *)
        logger -i -t acpi-lid "Lid open, turning lit on"
        radeontool light on
        ;;
esac

Hope this is helpful.

Andy

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:44 +0000, jesus_arocho@comcast.net wrote:
> I guess I can join a Bucks group, not having a Montgomery group close by.  I live in Franconia and Borders, in the 309 mall area sounds good; plus I can always convince my son to take a ride to a bookstore.:)
>
> Incidentally, does anyone know how to get a Dell Inspiron 6000 to recover when the lid is closed and reopened?  I installed Mandriva 2006 on a new unit about two weeks ago.

> email message attachment
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:44 +0000, jesus_arocho@comcast.net wrote:
> > Why don't we take a brief location survey and see where people are
> > concentrated.
> > ~Ed
> >

> > Craig Brennan wrote:
> > > Any of those would work for me, and Borders and Barnes & Noble have decent
> > > techie book sections (esp. Borders).

Andrew Libby
http://www.philadelphiariders.com/
http://www.andylibby.org/
1999 SV650
1999 Laverda 750S
1996 BMW R1100RS
1981 Moto Guzzi CX100 (in Lemans I clothing)