jesus_arocho on 25 Oct 2005 10:45:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bucks County LUG

I guess I can join a Bucks group, not having a Montgomery group close by.  I live in Franconia and Borders, in the 309 mall area sounds good; plus I can always convince my son to take a ride to a bookstore.:)

Incidentally, does anyone know how to get a Dell Inspiron 6000 to recover when the lid is closed and reopened?  I installed Mandriva 2006 on a new unit about two weeks ago.

--- Begin Message ---
Why don't we take a brief location survey and see where people are concentrated.
~Ed

Craig Brennan wrote:
Any of those would work for me, and Borders and Barnes & Noble have decent
techie book sections (esp. Borders).

--- Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

Aaron Mulder wrote:

The Borders in Montgomeryville is nice -- the only problem being that
it's not actually in Bucks County, though I guess we don't need to
hold that against them.  :)

I wonder if we should try to alternate between east and west, and do
Montgomeryville and Oxford Valley, or something.

I don't know about Borders, but Barnes & Noble in both Montgomeryville
and Oxford Valley have semi-private "events" areas that are available to

groups like this at not cost.  (The idea is to get a bunch of people in
the store who might buy expensive computer books or other stuff.)  The
person to contact is the "Community Relations Manager" at each store.  I

can get names and numbers if you wish.  Willow Grove, which is closer to

Warminster-Warrington-Doylestown is also available.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need
for alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c