Edmund Goppelt on 31 Oct 2005 13:56:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] where is philly.gov?

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 07:45:50PM -0500, Chris Cera wrote:
> I noticed my bookmarks to anything behind philly.gov have been
> failing for a few weeks now.  I just checked the dns records and
> get nothing.  I'm guessing it moved somewhere?  Google still
> points to the original URLs.  Anybody have any info?

I've run into this problem off and on for at least the past year.  My
sense is that the DNS server for phila.gov doesn't play nice with
the latest versions of bind.

Recently I installed a new DNS server and phila.gov lookups fail.  The
old DNS servers is able to see phila.gov just fine.

Old bind (sees phila.gov):  bind-9.2.1-9
New bind (fails):  bind-9.3.1-4

--

Ed Goppelt
http://www.hallwatch.org