Avijit Ghosh on 1 Nov 2005 21:30:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DSL speed

> >Just wanted to remind those that are DSL with Verizon carrier. Data rates
> >have doubled but you have to request the increase. They do not do it
> >automatically. I have DCA net and I just got a rate doubling but I had to
> >request it. They put an order into Verizon and it was done in less than a
> >week. You just need to reboot your modem. Of course this depends on where
> >you started. I was 1.5M now 3M.

	Do you know if they flip your contract to the new one when
you do this? The old 1.5M contract was flat $23 or so until eternity, the
new 3.0M contract for new signups seems to be $23 for a year as a
"promotion" and then they up your monthly to something else like $35. I
haven't flipped over yet because of this.

	-avi