Stephen Gran on 16 Nov 2005 23:37:44 -0000

Re: [PLUG] synaptic on fedora gnome

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 06:33:00PM -0500, Shameel Arafin said:
> i recently started using synaptic, and installed a bunch of development
> tools on my fedora box (mono, glade etc) however, in trying to
> update/upgrade some packages, synaptic wants to remove a whole (long)
> list of packages, including IDEs and seemingly-unrelated packages like
> ethereal etc
>
> anybody have any idea what's going on? is there some fundamental package
> that needs to be updated, but in order to do so synaptic has to remove
> other stuff?

I can't remember completely, but I seem to recall synaptic has some
sort of conflict resolution screen that you can look at to figure out
what actions are being taken and why.  Without knowing more about that
sort of thing, I'm afraid it's hard to answer your question.

Take care,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Vulcans never bluff.   -- Spock, "The   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Doomsday Machine", stardate 4202.1      |