gyoza on 28 Nov 2005 20:51:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Career opportunities

Based on my experience, I wouldn't agree.  Even with MS certifications
and Linux/Microsoft experience, I'm having trouble getting a computer
job.  Actually, I pretty much gave up a while ago.  Although other
factors must be taken into account, I don't agree that a cram school is
worth much these days.

Experience seems to rule with education being used to rule people out.

I'm thinking of volunteering my time to do computer work for recognized
organizations to get recent experience that looks good on my resume.
Also, consulting and Web work.  I'd also like to take a college class or
two.  Maybe convert my associates degree in electronics to a computer
degree.