Alexander Birch on 28 Nov 2005 20:47:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Career opportunities

On 11/28/05, George Gallen <ggallen@slackinc.com> wrote:
I'm sure all on here will cring....BUT...
  for maximum chance of employment, I'd go with a Microsoft quickie school.
  You can put some of them on student loans (low interest), and the
  schools do have placement services available.

Having the linux background certainly can't hurt.

You have remember, since this family, family comes before pride.

George

Christopher,

I would recommend 2 things.
1) Work on Open Source Projects, this is a great way to learn how to code.
2) Avoid the Microsoft Quickie schools. I don't think they look that great on a resume and if you're looking to work for 30 K, there are many places that would let you start out as an introductory programmer.

--
To avoid spyware:
Use Firefox.