Flint Heart on 28 Nov 2005 20:45:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Career opportunities

I'd consider another career path other then IT.
Just my 2 cents.
A job as a school teacher sounds so much more rewarding then IT.
I have worked in IT for the past decade and find it quite frustrating over
the past 5 years.  Companies turning to foreign labor to write code or even
handle tech support.  A friend's company now has overseas tech support...
So when a desktop machine in encountering problems they call and if it
can't be resolved remotely a local outfit is dispatched... If they don't
just have a new machine sent and ask for the old one to be sent back...

This is just my 2 cents.  I'm a bit bitter over all my work that has
disapeared as companies fold and are bought up.  At least your are shaping
the minds of out youth.

N-Tropy