George Gallen on 1 Dec 2005 21:50:00 -0000

RE: [PLUG] New Linux Machines and cloning?

I'm not sure about the commands for breaking a mirror.

But..You could also put the other drive in a USB external enclosure
  and do the same as below (instead of installing as second drive).

The copy wouldn't be as fast...as off the controller, but it might
  be slightly easier.

I'm not sure of the time frame of a full disk resync vs direct copy.

George