Art Alexion on 2 Dec 2005 13:10:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] New Linux Machines and cloning?

George Gallen wrote:

>What if you put the HD of the each of the other system
>as a second drive in the first installed system. Then
>boot up using Knoppix, mount both drives, and copy from
>drive1 partition to drive2 partition, for each partition
>Since your on knoppix, you won't be updateing the HD.
>
>Shutdown, disconnect from drive2, connect as drive1 in second
>machine, and it should boot fine.
>
>Repeat for each machine.
>
>George

Assuming the drives are identical, why not use dd?

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c