Doug Crompton on 7 Dec 2005 15:48:28 -0000

[PLUG] SUSE 10 Sound Problem...

I just installed SUSE 10 on a P4 2Ghz machine that I previously had WinXP
installed on. I am using KDE. My sound worked fine in XP but I am having
problems with it in Linux. The sound card is a sound Blaster Audigy and
the hardware section of YAST finds and identifies it. Unfortunately any of
the supplied audio packages seem to crash when trying to play sound. Any
ideas?

Also is anyone running the ATI All in Wonder as a TV player in SUSE? I see
support for the TV wonder but not any of the AIW boards.

I was quite impressed with the overall package. Linux GUI has come a long
way in the last few years. I have not used GUI in Linux much up to this
time as I feel more comfortable in the shell and doing my own navigating.
I would have to say though that out of the box it does NOT seem as stable
as the WinXP I am using. I have had a number of crashes and one where the
system locked up and needed a reset. I cannot remember the last time that
happenned in XP.

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug@crompton.com        *