Jason on 9 Dec 2005 02:54:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] bluetooth headset recommendations?

On 12/7/05, sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> wrote:
> the microphone on my mobile recently broke, and as i was already
> considering getting a bt headset, this might just be the incentive
> i need.  given that, it'd be nice if the headset worked with my
> linux laptop (which has a working bt adapter), so then i could also
> use it for voip/video conferencing as well.
>
> so, does anyone here have any recommendations for or against particular
> bluetooth headsets as far as linux-compatibility (via alsa-bluetooth, or
> anything else) is concerned?

My $0.02...  Stay away from the Motorola headsets that don't actually
stick INTO your ear, or any headset that doesn't actually go into your
ear.  Why?  Air.  There's air between the speaker and your ear.  Noise
gets in there.  When I tried one, if I was anywhere other than in a
quiet room, I couldn't hear anything unless I mashed the headset into
my ear.

What's worked great since then?  Jabra BT250v.  The BT250 is good too.
 Great battery life, pairable with up to 8 devices, and just works.

--j