Mark M. Hoffman on 8 Dec 2005 22:36:30 -0000

Re: [PLUG] lm_sensors and fan speed

Hi Art:

* Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> [2005-12-08 09:29:59 -0500]:
> I set up lm_sensors with a display in the KDE panel, everything seems
> fine, except the fan occasionally slows down for a few seconds.  No
> noise.  Should I be concerned?  Temp remains constant at safe levels.  I
> have the side off the tower which should help with temp.

Did you notice this only *after* you set up lm_sensors?  If so, what kind
of hardware monitoring chip do you have?

The standard questions...

What version of lm_sensors? Installed from source or distro package?

What kernel version?

What did sensors-detect report?

Did you modify /etc/sensors.conf at all?

Also, do you mind if I CC the lm_sensors mailing list?

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman@lightlink.com