ARTHUR ALEXION on 28 Dec 2005 16:07:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] apt-get dist-upgrade gone haywire

Pretty amazing.  The update kept choking on a library deb that (I suppose) was defective in that it contained conflicting file versions within itself.  I tried to apt-get remove it, and found that gnucash was dependent on it.  So I did an apt-get remove of gnucash (all the data is in kmymoney anyway) and after removing gnucash, it started setting up the remainder of the dist-upgrade.  Perl/locale complained a few times after that, but has since stopped.  The dist-upgrade is still running, and the problems have seemed to stop.

gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
Here goes one of my wild guesses. Try typing "locale -a" to see which
encodings are available.

Maybe try the following:

LANGUAGE = "en_US"
LC_ALL = "en_US"
LANG = "en_US"

I know I've played with those settings when switching to Japanese.