Cosmin Nicolaescu on 30 Dec 2005 07:54:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux TV card recommendations

On Thu, December 29, 2005 10:24 pm, Michael Lazin wrote:
> Is anyone out there using a TV card with linux?  If so are there any
> suggestions on which card to use.  I am interested in adding a TV card to
> my
> home system running RHEL 4 WS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

I've been running a bttv-compatible TV card for almost 3 years now and
have been pretty happy with it. Basically take any of the cards that have
chipsets listed in the kernel (under Device Drivers > Multimedia > Video
for Linux). If you get a card that gives you their own custom kernel
module...you might get into compile issues if you don't have a specific
version of a vanilla-only kernel or such, so I'd recommend staying away
from those.

-Cos

--
GPG key fingerprint = DE9F 4664 E666 2BD1 903E  4F4D EA31 5FB1 C7F9 08C1