Doug Crompton on 30 Dec 2005 14:57:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux TV card recommendations

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Cosmin Nicolaescu wrote:

> On Thu, December 29, 2005 10:24 pm, Michael Lazin wrote:
> > Is anyone out there using a TV card with linux?  If so are there any
> > suggestions on which card to use.  I am interested in adding a TV card to
> > my
> > home system running RHEL 4 WS.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Michael

I have the PCHDTV-3000 card here. It has both NTSC and HDTV. Check
www.pchdtv.com

It is more expensive but eventually this will be the standard and in
Philly I get at least 12 channels with 29 digital programs as well as the
normal NTSC channels.

The HDTV requires a fast computer and works best in the 2.6 kernels
although prior kernels are supported. The NTSC would work fine in most any
more recent computers I am sure.

Doug