W. Chris Shank on 30 Jan 2006 02:06:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Discusion on Linux4Austin Project

Actually, you could sell these images. I don't believe that Joe Q. Public knows what VMware is nor has any desire to run it. It's an interesting idea for the non-consumer market. Maybe hosting providers would pay for preconfigured web servers or database servers.

gyoza@comcast.net wrote:

Is it possible to sell VMware images of Linux?  If so, you could create
images on demand, for a fee, for use under Windows with the free VMware
Player.  Also, you could offer memory upgrades and system optimization
services to make the VMware experience better, in turn making the Linux
experience better.

I'm sorry, I tend to lean toward the belief that Windows is the key to
the success of Linux.

-- W. Chris Shank ACE Technology Group, LLC www.acetechgroup.com (610) 640-4223 x10

begin:vcard
fn:W. Chris Shank
n:Shank;W. Chris
org:ACE Technology Group, LLC
adr:391 Lancaster Ave, Suite 200;;Whiteland Business Park;Malvern;PA;19355;USA
email;internet:shankwc@acetechgroup.com
title:Principal
tel;work:(610) 640-4223 x10
tel;fax:(610) 640-4323