Stephen Gran on 7 Feb 2006 15:03:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CD tray keeps opening randomly

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:37:57AM -0500, Art Alexion said:
> It is getting worse and worse.  It used to only happen when there was
> media in the tray, but now it happens sometimes when it is empty, too.
> It happens in the middle of ripping a CD.  It doesn't yet happen in the
> middle of an audio burn, but it does happen during the 'verify' phase of
> a data burn.

What wm/desktop environment are you running?  I know several of them now
do helpful things behind your back like poll for new hardware or poll
for new cd media.  Perhaps hal or one of those is confusing your cd into
opening?

Just a shot in the dark,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Delta: We never make the same mistake   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | three times.   -- David Letterman       |