Art Alexion on 7 Feb 2006 15:19:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] CD tray keeps opening randomly

Stephen Gran wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:37:57AM -0500, Art Alexion said:
>

>>It is getting worse and worse.  It used to only happen when there was
>>media in the tray, but now it happens sometimes when it is empty, too.
>>It happens in the middle of ripping a CD.  It doesn't yet happen in the
>>middle of an audio burn, but it does happen during the 'verify' phase of
>>a data burn.
>>

>What wm/desktop environment are you running?  I know several of them now
>do helpful things behind your back like poll for new hardware or poll
>for new cd media.  Perhaps hal or one of those is confusing your cd into
>opening?
>
>Just a shot in the dark,

I think this is it because it started happening when I updated KDE to
3.4.3.  I can install 3.5.1, but I'm not sure whether it will fix more
3.4.3 problems or break things that are currently working.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c