Stephen Gran on 22 Feb 2006 15:46:36 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Forbidding a version of a package in debian

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:11:27AM -0500, Walt Mankowski said:

> Well, the discussion about the bug at
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=314385 scared me,
> particularly since I use windowmaker as my window manager.  I'm in the
> middle of a bunch of projects and afford to deal with it breaking just
> now.

If you use gnustep packages routinely, they will break at the moment
without a rebuild.  If you don't, then the problem of libxft2/freetype
breakage is currently solved.  I don't know off hand what window maker
uses (I didn't think it was gnustep, but I'm not sure).  To force a
rollback, just take note of what debs want to be upgraded, and make sure
you have the old versions handy before hand.

Or, sit tight for a while :)

Good luck,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Thirty white horses on a red hill,      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | First they champ, Then they stamp, Then |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | they stand still.   -- Tolkien          |