Ronald Kaye Jr on 26 Feb 2006 16:21:59 -0000

[PLUG] slackware install cant see cdrom after boot

i am trying to install slackware on my only available pc ...
an old piece of junk ibm p2/200MHz, sony cdrom.

i can boot from cd, but when trying to install packages,
the cd-rom is not recognized.

i have tried booting with bare.i and old_cd.i
no good.

in the windows world, we have used the old reliable win98 system disk
with generic cdrom support from oak technologies. worked with just about everything.
is there a similar thing in the linux/slackware world

r kaye