Jeff Abrahamson on 1 Mar 2006 14:23:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Forbidding a version of a package in debian

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:45:55PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I've had other weird problems in the past with aptitude dist-upgrade
> getting confused about dependencies and deleting packages it
> shouldn't be.  I think I'm going to stick with upgrade from now on.

Some things may not upgrade ever without dist-upgrade, as I
understand.  But certainly doing an upgrade before a dist-upgrade is
not a bad path.  Without being able to point a finger at exactly why
the world works this way, I've found that taking several smaller steps
is less risky than one big one, even if the destination appears to be
the same.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287